Open Horse Riding
To purchase an Open Riding Pass please read the Open Riding Conditions and Rules, provide us with your contact information, and hit the submit button. You will then be directed to the payment page.
OPEN RIDING Rules and Conditions
Join our Facebook group for Open Riding updates.
The Fair Board offers open riding to the equestrian community. Please follow these conditions and rules to ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone.
- Be courteous and friendly to other riders and Expo staff. If you have any questions, please bring them to the Expo office 541-774-8270.
- NO loose horses or tying of horses in arenas.
- Please refer to the posted schedule for open riding dates and times. Remember, these dates & times are tentative. Current updates are available at: Facebook.com/groups/openriding
- Professional trainers/ instructors, if you wish to use the facilities to give paid lessons, you must arrange with the Expo office to rent an arena. A fee will apply.
- An equipment barn will be designated for each month. If only one riding arena is available for a day, please refrain from using equipment in that arena. All users will be held responsible for sharing the space and treating all others courteously at all times. Barker Barn has been designated for groundwork and the lunging of horses. This arena will not be worked on a regular basis.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers are allowed by the barns or arenas.
- Please dispose of manure and waste in designated areas only. Do not sweep manure from trailers onto the fairgrounds.
- Please be out of the barn, with trailers loaded and ready to leave at the posted closing hour.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Parking in authorized areas only. Parking between barns and in/out gates is not acceptable.
By agreeing to these rules, any violation can result in:
- Suspension of permit/privileges
- Refusal to renew the pass
All activities on these grounds are subject to the Equine Inherent Risk Law: Oregon Revised Statute 30.689. By your presence, on these grounds, you have indicated that you have accepted the limits of liability resulting in inherent risks of equine activities.
In consideration for the purchase of your Riding Pass, by signing below, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Fair Board, Jackson County, and its elected officials, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers from all claims for property damage, injury or death which I may suffer or for which I may be liable to others, arising out of the use of the facility, whether such claims are for negligence or any other theory of recovery, except for intentional misconduct. By signing below, I acknowledge, by using the facility, that I understand that engaging in horse activities constitutes involvement in potentially hazardous and dangerous activity with the risk of personal injury, including death and loss or damage to personal property. By using this pass and signing below, I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THOSE RISKS. I agree to obey all rules and regulations.
This facility requires a permit to ride. All riders must have a current Open Riding Pass visible on the driver’s side tongue of your horse trailer. Failure to do so is a violation of ORS 164.125 Theft of Service.