Open Riding Pass
To purchase an Open Riding Pass please read the Open Riding Conditions and Rules, provide us with your contact information, and hit the submit button. You will then be directed to the payment page.
Open Riding Rules & Conditions November 2021 - April 2022 (Download as PDF)
THERE WILL BE ONE BARN EACH MONTH IN THE OPEN RIDING PROGRAM. (Primarily Isola Arena)
WE ASK EVERYONE TO BE COURTEOUS AND SHARE THE ARENA.
- Be courteous and friendly to other riders and Expo staff. If you have any questions, please bring them to the Expo office 541-774-8270.
- NO loose horses or tying of horses in any arena.
- Please refer to the posted schedule for open riding dates and times. Remember, these dates & times are tentative. Current updates are available at: TheExpo.com or Facebook.com/groups/openriding
- Professional trainers/ instructors, if you wish to use the facilities to give paid lessons, you must arrange with the Expo office to rent an arena. Current rental fees will apply.
- Equipment may be used IF all riders in the arena agree. All users will be held responsible for sharing the space and treating all others courteously at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers are allowed by the barns or arenas.
- Please dispose of manure and waste in designated areas only. (Please keep the area around your trailer clean.)
- Please be out of the barn, with trailers loaded and ready to leave at the posted closing hour. Lights are set to go off 10-15 mins after barn hours are over.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Park in authorized areas only.
By agreeing to these rules, any violation can result in:
- Suspension of permit/privileges
- Refusal to renew pass
All activities on these grounds are subject to the Equine Inherent Risk Law: Oregon Revised Statute 30.689. By your presence on these grounds you have indicated that you have accepted the limits of liability resulting in inherent risks of equine activities.
In consideration for the purchase of your Riding Pass, by signing below, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Fair Board, Jackson County and its elected officials, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from all claims for property damage, injury or death which I may suffer or for which I may be liable to others, arising out of the use of the facility, whether such claims are for negligence or any other theory of recovery, except for intentional misconduct. By signing below, I acknowledge, by using the facility, that I understand that engaging in horse activities constitutes involvement in potentially hazardous and dangerous activity with the risk of personal injury, including death and loss or damage to personal property. By using this pass and signing below, I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THOSE RISKS. I agree to obey all rules and regulations.
This facility requires a current Open Riding pass to ride. All riders must have a pass visible on the driver’s side tongue of the horse trailer. Failure to do so is a violation of ORS 164.125 Theft of Service.