Saddle Cow Application
Objective: The objective is to have the fastest time in the event while conducting yourself as a fine sportsman and handling livestock in a good manner.
- A team consists of two members, the “Rider” and the “Hazer”.
- Contestant can only compete on one team during the rodeo.
- Both team members must sign a release prior to the rodeo.
- Contestant must be 18 years of age to compete.
- ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- Arena attire will consist of jeans, long sleeve shirt, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat. Shirt tails must be tucked in.
- No loud, obnoxious profanity or unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Abuse of the stock which is deemed unnecessary or cruel, as determined by a Judge or Arena Director will result in a no time.
Saddle Cow Event
- Rider must use a ranch style saddle.
- Saddles must have cinches and latigo.
- Condition of tack is the team’s responsibility.
- Cows will be loaded in individual chutes at the same time.
- It is the team’s responsibility to saddle their cow.
- Hazers will open the gate all at once. Hazer cannot touch the cow.
- Rider must ride for 6 seconds.
- Hazer and rider carry the saddle back to the chute. BOTH team members must be holding some part of the saddle or it will be a no time. 9. Winning buckle goes to rider with a 6 second ride and fastest time back to the chute. Both hazer and rider must be holding the saddle or part of the rigging when throwing the saddle into the chute.